Get on the job training while studying. Become an apprentice or a trainee in the industry of your choice.
Australian Apprenticeships offer a range of benefits, they:
- Are a great way to get a head start in a chosen career
- Involve paid work and structured training that can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both
- Represent ‘competency based’ training which means individuals can complete their training faster when they reach the required skills level
- Enable existing skills and prior experience to be recognised and course credit granted, potentially reducing formal training time.
- Are available as full-time or part-time, including part-time in many schools
- Lead to nationally recognised qualifications and skills which provide the basis for further education and training over the course of a person’s working life; and
- Are an important pathway from school to work.
Eligibility for Apprenticeship and Traineeship
- Australian Apprenticeships (often referred to as apprenticeships or traineeships) are available to anyone of working age.
- You do not need a secondary school certificate or other qualification to be able to do an Australian Apprenticeship.
- You can do an Australian Apprenticeship if you are a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers.
- You can even begin your Australian Apprenticeship while you’re still at school finishing Years 11 and 12.
- Australian Apprenticeships offer opportunities for you to train, study and earn an income at a variety of qualification levels in most occupations as well as in traditional trades.
- As an Australian Apprentice you can combine time at work with training, and can be either full-time, part-time or school-based.
- When you finish your Australian Apprenticeship, you will have a nationally recognised qualification that can take you anywhere in Australia and one that is held in high regard in many overseas countries as well.
- You will have many options for your future to think about and choose from.
- Trainees must be employed on either a full time or permanent part time basis; casual employees are not eligible to participate.
- Part time employees must be working at least 13 hours per week unless they are registered as an Australian School Based Apprentice (ASBA).
- ALL trainees MUST be either an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or meet one of the following criteria :
New Zealand Citizens
NZ Citizens must have been in Australia for a minimum of 6 months to qualify for federal incentives.
International Citizens in Australia on a Visa
Must have a valid working visa for the maximum duration of the training contract (a copy of passport must be provided at sign up);
** State and/or Federal Funding may apply depending on the Visa the individual holds
If the visa states “indefinite” and is an open ended visa without an end date, and meets all other requirements to work in Victoria, may qualify for State and Federal funding
CAC currently offers Apprenticeship in the following qualifications:
|National Code||Course Name|
|AUR30616||Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology|
|AUR31016||Certificate III in Automotive Sales|
|AUR31516||Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology|
|AUR32116||Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology (Panel Beating)|
CAC currently offers Traineeship in the following qualifications:
|National Code||Course Name|
|BSB40215||Certificate IV in Business|
|BSB42415||Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication|
|BSB51915||Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|BSB61015||Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|AUR20516||Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology|
|AUR50116||Diploma of Automotive Management|
*Government Funding is available for eligible students for both Apprenticeship and Traineeship programs.
Note: Training services are provided to eligible individuals with funds made available by the Victorian and Commonwealth funding. Pursuing the courses under Victorian Training Guarantee may impact your access to further government subsidised training.